Thursday, November 5, 2009

When you were a child . . .


Today learners wrote about things pertaining to their childhood. They seemed to enjoy this topic and became quite animated while sharing their answers.

When you were a child, what was your favorite animal?
• Peacocks
• Birds
• Baby goats
• Cows and calves
• Horses on my farm
• Tigers (though this was hotly contested by some students who said they hated wild cats because they attacked humans)
• Brightly colored fish
• Camels
• Chickens

What did you like to do when you were a child?
• Play with my friends
• Swim in the river
• Help my dad feed the animals
• Cook with my mom
• Play games with my sister

Where did you like to play?
• Under my bed
• In the yard
• At the park
• Near the river
• Under the kitchen table

What did you like to eat?
• Candy
• Mangos and papayas
• Honey and bread
• Cookies and pizza
• Milk
• Spaghetti
• Bananas


I was struck by how many answers were similar between students from vastly different parts of the world. In some respects, children are children the world around.

No comments:

Post a Comment